GNU 'C & C++' development system for Unix X-Windows
AlphaCDev is a C and C++ software development system with full X-Windows
X11.6 support designed to "supercharge" the performance of a
Unix Workstation by the addition of parallel processing sub-systems based upon the
powerful DEC Alpha risk processor.
The AlphaCDev development system allows Unix developers to readily take advantage of multiple alpha performance. AlphaCDev provides a high degree of compatibility with the Unix development environment. This allows current X-Window applications to be ported to an alpha system with the minimum of changes.
- Industry standard GNU C and C++ compilers.
- Unix SVID interface library
- X-Windows X11 Release 6 interface library
- A set of Unix compatible development tools.
Alpha applications have access to the resources of the host Workstation via a resource server and may utilise the extensive capabilities of the host platform, include networking and X-windows. Likewise Unix processes may communicate with alpha processes to take advantage to the dramatic computational capability of such systems.
- Multi-user access to Networked alpha resource.
- Scalable increase in performance by the addition of more alpha processors.
- Binary portability of produced applications between Unix hosts..
- Image Processing.
- Mathematical Modelling.
- Data acquisition& processing for Unix systems.
- General Number Crunching.
System Pre-RequisitesThe AlphaCDev package requires the installation of the 3L Parallel AXP Compiler.
- AD66/ISA AlphaData PC Card.
- AD66/PCI AlphaData PC Card.
- AD66/HTRAM AlphaData HTRAM Card.
- Linux Elf systems
AlphaMotif Motif toolkit
AlphaDebug Source CodeDebugger
Beam Access Points
|Telephone:||+44 (1454) 324512|
|Fax:||+44 (1454) 313172|
|Address:||Beam Ltd, Northavon Business Center, Dean Road, Yate Bristol, BS17 5NH.|